Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm going to sue you!!!

Why is it that people will only do things for others when they think legal action will be taken?

I was on my way back to Rexburg and I decided that I should take the shuttle on Saturday. So I made my reservation in the morning for the shuttle that left at 3:40. I noticed that some of the reservations said to call in to the office, but mine didn't say anything so I didn't.

I was at the pick up place at the right time but the shuttle hadn't come and it was ten minutes later. I know that they are usually on time so I called the office and they assured me that the shuttle would be there soon to pick me up.

I waited for another half an hour and I called them again. They told me that my name wasn't on the driver's manifest because I had made my reservation the day of and that I should have called into the office so they could alert the driver that I would need to be picked up. There was no where that told me I should do this, and they shouldn't have let me make a reservation if I needed to call. Some of them said that I should call the office while others didn't. So they should have had them all say that.

I was upset and I didn't want to deal with them anymore. I told them to refund my money and I would just get a ride with a friend of mine. She then told me that I wouldn't normally get a refund but she would give it to me minus a ten dollar fee because it was my fault that I didn't call the office.

I was very upset, but I wanted to be done with it so I said that would be fine. My Grandpa was frustrated so he blurted, "I'm going to get my lawyers!" Immediately her tone changed. She wanted to talk to him. So I handed the phone to him. He didn't say much to her but she ended up giving me a full refund and told me I could ride the next shuttle for free.

Why is it that she was only nice to me when my Grandpa threatened to get his lawyers involved? Why can't people be nice and do things for others because that is the right thing to do?

1 comment:

jo said...

i'm sorry you had such a hard time with them. those naughty shuttle people! but you're right, it's hard to get some customer service people to care about your situation unless they get threatened with legal action.